Friday, January 9

Alumni Swim Meet

Well, another week, another post! So, last Saturday I had an Alumni Swim meet, (where all ages compete, no age groups,) and I was pretty much one of the youngest. It was a short meet, so I swam two solo events.

The first one I did was a 50 Yard Fly, (basically down and back the length of the pool). It was basically me, 5 High Schoolers, and 2 Older Guys. I was pretty impressed because I was about one-fifth of a second away from beating a sophomore high schooler and I did beat one of the older guys, (who said just before it started he'd be embarrassed if I beat him! =P).

The second one was a 100 Breaststroke, (down and back twice). The better thing was that the other two I swam against were in the same grade as I was. To the point, I killed them. I think I beat them by at least 5 seconds... maybe? Something like that.

Well, yep! It was pretty fun!
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who has ever swam in a meet (I was a Backstroker), knows the Butterfly 'guys' are cool, period. If a guy raced me Butterfly and me Backstroke and I won, I was still impressed :) (and let me tell you unless it was a long haul, Butterfly and Backstroke are neck in neck, but Butterfly seems so "powerful")

Anyway, my hats off to you for Butterfly and for showing up that guy.
--Aaron

Unknown said...

Cute dancing banana, Ty. Love it lots! Love, Mom

Lori Muir said...

You're the man! I'm proud of you for whooping some serious butt!